My favorite part of working on the pilot for Superjail was when Christy took my suggestion that the dead monkey should have broken glass stuck in it after bouncing off a table-full of broken glass.
These are panels from the first comic book that I ever made! I was visiting some friends in San Francisco, and the APE was happening, so I stopped by the copy shop on my way there to make some comic books so that I wouldn’t be attending the show empty-handed.
In 2006, I put a pitch together about some kids who wandered off into the woods and went feral.
For the show’s introduction, we needed some dollhouse-sized props for a tiny set. These props are all about 2 or 3 inches in size. It was fun to use some music wire for the guitar’s frets!
I learned to love polystyrene foam on this project. Sure, static electricity leads to annoying dust everywhere, but it is incredibly easy to sculpt to a smooth, kinda durable finish. Plus I got to use pipe cleaners & construction paper!
Magic wands, clay pots, and other odds and ends from Blue’s Room.
When I was working on Blue’s Room, some days I’d be doing nothing but coloring pictures for twelve hours a day. The set was dressed with new drawings for episode, so many drawings were needed. Some were tacked to the walls, and others were placed into polystyrene foams. I developed a fondness for “Stabilotones” in the process – they’re like super crayons!