For the show’s introduction, we needed some dollhouse-sized props for a tiny set. These props are all about 2 or 3 inches in size. It was fun to use some music wire for the guitar’s frets!
I learned to love polystyrene foam on this project. Sure, static electricity leads to annoying dust everywhere, but it is incredibly easy to sculpt to a smooth, kinda durable finish. Plus I got to use pipe cleaners & construction paper!
Magic wands, clay pots, and other odds and ends from Blue’s Room.
When I was working on Blue’s Room, some days I’d be doing nothing but coloring pictures for twelve hours a day. The set was dressed with new drawings for episode, so many drawings were needed. Some were tacked to the walls, and others were placed into polystyrene foams. I developed a fondness for “Stabilotones” in the process – they’re like super crayons!